Go away for 2 weeks and you are bound to make some new friends.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bundaberg
June 10th 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Since I was not much fun with my broken toe, Brett decided to leave me with the other patient (his uncle) here in Wollongong. And with his aunt to look after us cripples, we were both in good hands. Not much happened in 2 weeks with us - just a lot of movies, crossword puzzles, reading and the 2 of us gimps even managed to bottle a batch of beer. Another 90 tallies got put down, and Brett would be proud his wife is bottling beer for him.

Brett headed up to Woodgate Beach to work on another skateboard park which is a small little coastal town in Queensland about 40 minutes south of Bundaberg, and an hour north of Hervey Bay, one of the access points to Fraser Island. The first 4 days were spent soaking up the heavy rains that hit that area and not a lot of work, and as you can see by most of these pictures, they were too busy making friends anyway to find time for work.

Once the rain stopped they were able to get a lot done, and even had a little time for some beach driving, fishing, cane toad golfing, and taste testing the local Bundaberg Rum (and you can be sure there was more than just “a taste”) in between.

Brett is now back in Wollongong, probably wondering if he was better off up their with the roos or down here with us cripples! We are probably all just as crazy! We will stick around here for another couple weeks, so I have time to go to the specialist for my toe and then we hit the road again and back down to Melbourne area where Brett has another skatepark to do in a coastal town called Ocean Grove. And I am tagging along...although not sure I will be pouring any concrete...



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb