Our world tour Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 6th 2017
Published: March 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Monday March 6, 2017



A different but beautiful day.

After a couple of dreary days, today turned out to be a blockbuster day. Beautiful wheathe with lots of activity.

It started this morning with a walking excursion to the most original part of town called "the rocks". This was the first place where prisoners settled in 1788. A place that has been preserved in its original setting not due to government intervention, but a a result of actions of the local people and workers unions to maintain the place as a historic site. Very well done!

Lots of explanations and stories on how Sydney, and by the same token all but one of the other major cities inAustralia were founded Difficult to understand that most of the Australian initial inhabitants, apart from the aborigines, were convicts. Notwithstanding that fact, the country has prospered and today shows levels of quality of life rivaling the US and many European contries.

In the afternoon, we took a ferry to a place called Manly Beach, a surfers paradise. The trip to and from Manly Beach was remarkable due to 2 things: the high seas; waves of over 4 meters high and a irreverent welcome sign that stated "papi chulo".

We were greatful that the ferry was a catamaran not all that sensitive to higher seas, but still it was remarkable that nobody on board became seasick.

Tonight we have to pack our suitcases because tomorrow morning we are flying out to Ayers Rock, the Australian outback. Something entirely different.

As far as today, the best day so far. Looking forward to even better days to come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

IMG_2714IMG_2714
IMG_2714

Children on a schooltrip doing the same tour as we do.
IMG_2726IMG_2726
IMG_2726

High seas
IMG_2731IMG_2731
IMG_2731

You can't do anything here.....
IMG_2732IMG_2732
IMG_2732

Manly Beach Surfers paradise


Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb