Our world tour Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Ayers Rock
March 7th 2017
Published: March 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday, March 7, 2017



A travel day, i.e. Getting up early to go to the airport.

Today we left Sydney to fly to Ayers Rock, or in the local aborigines language Uluru.

Uluru is the name of an enormous rock formation, red in color and alone standing, quite spectacular, As the Turtle rock in Venezuela, Uluru is sacred to the aborigenes

Uluru is in the middle of Australia with no settlement anywhere near. Truely the middle of nowhere.

A couple of things drew our attention on the airport in Sydney, a boy with a baseball jacket/shirt of Magallanes, with advertisement of PDVSA and Maltin Polar included. We asked the owner if he had been to Venezuela, but the answer was, no, he had bought the jacket because he liked the model. Kind of surprising nevertheless. The other odd item was the name of a coffee shop: "kaboom" not a name you want to be related to in an airport.

In Uluru, we were picked up by a bus that took us to the place where the resorts are located here. There are several hotels and resorts, a sort of oasis, but limited in space.

Tonight we went to an excursion denominated "Sounds of Silence dinner". By bus we were transported to an isolated place where we could observe sundown over the Uluru rock. The idea was to look at the stars as well, but as nature would have it, it was clouded and sundown was only partial and subsequently no stars to be seen. Too bad.

In the open air we had cocktails and canapés followed by a three course dinner including an alligator ceasar salad and barbecued kangaroo meat accompanied with free flowing wine and champagne, lots of different desserts and fruit, port and coffee. All in all very nice!

We had a table with nice people from Nova Scotia.

But for the overcasted sky, the evening could not have been better.

Tomorrow morning we have to get up very early to see the sunrise. Will let you know how that went..


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb