Good bye / Hola


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 9th 2006
Published: October 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My RoomMy RoomMy Room

Hotel Librator
This is a 2 part blog leaving home and arriving overseas

Well i'm doing it again arn't i!

This reminds me of the time i signed up for the army and was about to catch a bus down to boot camp...yeah i really didn't know what i was getting myself into! but that turned out to be one of the best things i ever did. A solo backpacking holiday in South America can't be any worse than that. Sure i barely speak any spanish, pretty much no portuguese and havn't really organised exactly where i'm going... but what is the worst that can happen?

I said my good byes to all my mates and family. i think those who know me are a bit worried i'm going to do something crazy , so yeah there have been alot of people wanting to say goodbye. I will pretty up this page with pics when i get to the otherside (show you what you are all missing out on 😊 )

Well how was everyone´s weekend mine was great i just spent the last 17 hours on a plane with some young kid with his seat fully
One for SteveOne for SteveOne for Steve

The South American Alternative to toilet paper
reclined. for those of you planing a trip with Aerolinas Argentinas cancel it...there is no personalised TV you get 2 meals in a 14 hour flight (both sandwiches mmm. yeah pretty average. oh well it was cheap.)

Fast facts about south america

1. it has the opposite time zone to Austraila so you travel 17 hours and get there like 3 hours later the same day. jet lag you ask (not to bad actually)
2. South american plumbing is very poor...you can´t flush toilet paper as it clogs the pipes. i have attached the alternative below.
3. Chilien´s are small like avg. 5 foot.

i will keep the facts coming for now bye!



Advertisement



19th November 2006

I wouldn't drink too much outta that drinkin fountain!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb