Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 6th 2014
Published: March 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Waiting to do the bridge climb..........lovely day, sunny, 21 degrees, not a lot of wind (outside!).....no nerves, says Rae. Take off in 30 mins!

We did it.......interesting process getting kitted out......they think of everything, even the things for ensuring that you don't lose your glasses. Then there is the test climb! Surprise, surprise there are a few ladders to scale and steps to go up. But they don't rush you. I guess that we were on the bridge for a couple of hours and there is pretty much non-stop commentary on its construction and what you can see around you - we spotted bride being photographed in the gardens below, saw a sea-plane flying beneath us. Fabulous views of the city and the Opera House. Rae was very brave (she's not keen on heights......but the 2 youngish boy and girl in front of us kept her focussed)! We bought only 1 of the many pics that they took, but also got a "free" 5 sec video clip which I'll vet before I send on to anyone! We went up the pylon at the end of the bridge to take our own pics.

We then went for a co ffee and cake ( we deserved it!) at Museum of Contemporary Art, as recommended by Clare. Great views of the Bridge and Opera House. After that we wandered over to the Opera House for a few more pics!

Walked back to the hotel via Pashpaley, a swanky pearl place, complete with doorman/bouncer.

Eating at The Canopy tonight.

No blog tomorrow probably as we are off to the Blue Mountains.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb