Part two...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 21st 2012
Published: December 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

3rd December, MOnday

On Friday we travelled to Willoughby just outside of Sydney to go and stay with Hannah. On the FRiday night her and her sister were having a party at their house so we brough some gin and did some socialising which is an unusual concept to us right now. There was a heatwave expected at the weekend and both Friday and Saturday were very hot and humid.

On Saturday to avoid the heatwave Hannah, Craig and myself visited the Sydney aquarium and wildlife park at Darling Harbour. It was a pretty awesome day and we got to see loads of Aus wildlife that we hadn't spotted being in the road yet. In the evening we stayed in and had a bbq with her family.

We left on Sunday to head further south towards Melbourne. Last night we camped at a rest stop near Jarvis Bay and this morning visited the sea to shower and check out the amazingly clear sea and the very white sandy beach. We ate luch there and headed towards Batemans Bay stopping off in some small towns to stretch out legs and tonight we were lucky enough to find a place called Mystery Bay which is a sleepy town with the most amazing beach and a great camoing spot.

5th December, Wednesday

After finding a nice spot to camp in Mystery Bay we built a fire and had some wine (just for a change) Later in the middle of the night we both woke up to some animal noises outside. Craig was looking out the window to see what it was when we realised it had actually joined us in the van. A mouse!! A huge Australian mouse/rat had been poo-ing and wondering around out house on wheels while we peacefully slept. Lucily i never saw it but by the scream that came out of Craig's mouth i can only imagine what the monster looked like. We (craig) tried to firgue out how it had gotten in and we (Craig) had to figure out a way to get it out without all forms of other woodland creatures joining us too. Eventually it ran out the way it came in and we blocked the hole with a sponge. We then lay awake for hours in case it came back with a troop of friends.

The following day after a good disinfect of the van we went to use internet to book a hostel for melb and a flight to Sydney. It was only when we got back to the van that we discover the van was due to be returned two days earlier than we had thought. A frabtic call was made to the hostel tochange the booking and lucily no flight had been booked. WE then had to do anepic 6 hour drive to get a bit closer to Melbourne to make it back in time. We stopped for a Mc'ds to refresh and we are now stopped at a rest stop and will continue our drive tomrrow.

7th December, Friday

Melbourne!!



We finally arrived in Melbourne this morning after we stayed at a campsite an hour away last night. We had to clean the van and pack up all our stuff.

Got up this morning and drove to melbourne, lucily we left lots of time because driving through the city was a nightmare but we fially did it and survived. Handed the car back, dinner, drink, bed.

More to come soon...

There will be a lck of pictures from now on as the camera broke and the laptop is broken too. WE'll do our best though! x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb