Part Three..


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 2nd 2013
Published: January 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

I have been very bad in updating over the festive period but i'll make this one a monster since there is so much to say...!

The Diary continues....

8th DEcember, Saturday

Today we visited the melbourne museum. It was a huge natural history museum and we ended up spending close to 5 hours there! Each room had so much to see and so. We treated ourselves to some delicious taco at a taco van and then wandered through the design market.

We'll be eating instant noodles all week if we want to see and do everything although i must say after the camping i've become very partial to a instant noodle or two.

9th December, Sunday

We ate pancakes for breakfast (free from the hostel) and hung out at federation square for the day. There were quite a few street performers around so we sat and watched them for a while. Craig was even lucky enough to be picked from the crowd to be part of a dance show. He suits a black afro and he's been hiding those flexible hips from me. I have it all on video for futire in case i need to bribe him.

10th December, Monday

WE went to the ACMI centre today which is a movig imgaes museum. All about the start of film and some history on Australia. If Vietnam loved telling stories about the war then the Aussies definatley love a museum dedicated to them and their love of themselves. We walked down by the aterfront and saw everyone enjoying theor posh meals and then went home to make al la noodles. Quite day but we really love melbourne.

12th December, Wednesday

Today we visited the botanic gardens for a picnic. They are the biggest botanic gardens you ever did see. There's even a free map you can pick up to navigate your way around. Really beautiful and you don't feel like you are in the middle of Melbourne. In the evening we bought some wine and food and went to the moonlight cinema in the gardens. Paranormal activity four was on so i was glad there was a whole field of people there. The screen was a massive blow up one that inflated at sunset. The only downside was those bloody beetles. Honest to God i have never encounterd such annoying little creatures. They come out in their thousands and i think at one point i had four up my top. Glad they don't exist in Scotland.

15th December, Saturday

We left Melbourn yesterday morning after getting up at 3am for our6am flight. I'm glad to report everything went smoothly and we arrived on time in Sydney where Jennifer picked us up. For three weeks now we are staying with Charlie and Jennifer in North Sydney. They are family friends and kindly said we could stay so we could save money and see plenty of Sydney. We'll be here over xmas and ny and will get to see those famous fireworks!

This morning Jen and Charlie invited us to the local farmers market with them so we tagged along and had breakfast and coffee. Until some irish friends of theirs stated to eat Craig's roll that is. Very funny and a bit embarrasing for him i think.

Turns out Charlie likes his wine so we got plied with copious amounts of wine in the evening and went to bed very merry indeed.

18th December, Tuesday

We've been having a great time so far discovering Sydney. On Sunday we walked over the harbour bridge for the first time and visited the opera house which kind of looks like an airport up close.

On Monday we walked over the bridge again and through Hyde park (The aussie version) and went to the Australia museum. Not quite as good as Melbournes but for God's sake don't tell them that.

23rd December, Sunday

Getting really close to Christmas and we are getting excited for our first ever hot one! This week Craig has been ill with suspected tonsilitis so i've been loner mclonerson hanging out alone. I've done a bit of cycling with Jenny. We went around Sydney harbour and Darling harbour and stopped at some nice cafes and we also visted the fish market where we ate some yummy fish and chips. They taste even better if the seagulls leave you alone and smell of fish soon disapears from your nose. I visited the market over the bridge at the rocks and the comtemporary art museum, a craft fair and generally walked around. Turns out i'm great company.

Tonight we are off to a bbq after a mammoth cycle up many a hill. I prefer the air con on the way down.

Christmas and New Year

Christmas felt very weird this year. Craig was much better so that was lucky. We ate seafood! Not a cooked bit of meat in sight! It was nice to experience how other people enjoy their day. Jen says that mangoes are her christmas smell where as mine is cinnamon and mulled wine. Plus turns out those bloody beetles are a national tresure and everyone loves them. Only Australia's eh? We did a few things beteween christmas and new year, spending time at the beach was our favourite, especially since it rained the whole of christmas day and i hear the UK had glorious sunshine. Typical. We met up with some friends and visited Bondi and Manly beach. Then on Hogmany we met some friends and drank to the whole of Sydney being light up bu the best fireworks i have ever seen. Didn't spot Kylie though. Or hear her sing. Maybe next time. New years day we went to Palm beach with some friends which is where they film Home and Away. They were far more excited about it than us. We went for the waves and the sun.

Today we popped over the Watsons Bay on the ferry to visit the little fishing town and have some famous fish and chips. It wasn't a sunny day but so many Australians can't handle cold weather. We thought it was amazing and with only a few weeks until we land back in the UK we need to start preparing our bodies!



Disclaimer: Sorry for any spelling mistake/bad grammer but i just can't bring myself to proof read after typing this. xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb