now we're in sydney!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 12th 2012
Published: March 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hiii!

I'm being very lazy with doing this since we're nearly 2 weeks in and I havent written anything yet but a) internet costs and b) i'm busy! so even though probably only my mum will be reading this (hi mum) thank you for being patient everyone!

So! Melbourne first - loved this city! It was incredile. Visited St Kilda and saw Little Penguins! They were just sleeping in between the rocks about a metre from us so that was so cool seeing them! And saved us a nice $100+ since we didn't need to go to Phillip Island to see them! We also went to the Melbourne Museum which was obviously really fun 😊 and spent a lazy sunny afternoon lounging in deck chairs eating our packed lunches in Federation Square and watching Ratatouille on a big outdoor screen. It's food festival month in Melbourne so they were showing all food related films on the screen while we were there. We spent alot of time walking about - went to see the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Olympic Park, walked along the River Yarra and visted the ACMI - Australian Centre for the Moving Image - which was all about film and how film, tv and other forms of media have progressed through time. So a very enjoyable first stop in Melbourne - the hostels are fine - you take a bit of a gamble staying in cheap as possible 10 bed dorms but so far we've experienced nothing too bad! Just some farting Germans, a guy who had a single white glove hanging out of his wash bag and who sat on his bed sharpening his set of knives one evening. We guessed (hoped) he was working as a chef somewhere!

So then we had the coach journey from hell from Melbourne to Syndey. It started off ok leaving Melbourne at 7:15am on the 10th March but by the time we reached Sydney 15hours later, we were rather grumpy and tired. But that was only the beginning of our suffering since we had to find the ferry terminal to take the ferry to Manly, where our hostel was at 11pm on a friday night. So everyone was having a whole lot of fun on the streets of Syndey bar us. We finally got to the hostel at 1am ish and walked in to the stinkiest stufy room which topped off a pretty rubbish day all round! BUT! on waking up in the morning and seeing the blazing sun outside, we made our way to Manly beach, ate a huge breakfast on the beach front in Hurley cafe and spent the remainder of the day sun bathing, running into the sea to try and take on the HUGE waves, drinking smoothies and watching hundreds of surfers spend a typical Sunday on an Australian beach.

So now we're in our second hostel in Sydney. We're planning on going to the aquarium today. Went wandering down to the harbour last night to see the opera house and harbour bridge all lit up - pretty amazing views! We pick up the camper on thursday for our camping trip to the Blue Mountains which we can't wait for!

Will update again soon!

love Sarah and Paul

xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb