Update


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 7th 2011
Published: April 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone back home!
Sorry I haven't written for so long! Got lots to update you on.
Job is going well, have made lots of friends there (my first aussie friends ha!) and its good fun at night. Unfortunately they can only give me 2 shifts a week on a friday and saturday night which, after tax (30% but I can claim that back when I leave the country), leaves me with $160 which is enough for my rent and nothing else! So I'm starting to look for another job now, for during the week. In the meantime I'm rapidly running out of money which is a bit worrying but its definately teaching me the value of money!!
Last week Hannah and Julian (friends from back home) and myself took a day trip up to the blue mountains - was my favourite day of the trip so far! The views were spectacular, the weather was fantastic and we had so much fun walking through the rainforest and literally climed a mountain! Was well worth the effort for the amazing pictures! Personal favourite - we came across a huge waterfall and Julian decided to go for a peter andre style 'mysterious girl' photo! He then preoceeded to get naked in the waterfall for his photo, much to the astonishment of the girl who walked around the corner!! Very funny.
The weather over here is very hit and miss, so on rainy days I have to find things to do. I've been to the aquarium which was good. Lots of tunnels to walk under and look at the sharks.
When the weather has been nice I either head to the beach, the outdoor swimming pool in the park nearby or the botanical gardens which have fantastic views of the opera house and harbour bridge.
Its quite a sad vibe at the hostel at the moment because as the end of summer is here lots of people are leaving and it feels like we lose someone everyday. However this does means lots of nights out to say goodbye to people!
I'm not the only one struggling for money/job, most people are skint! So we try to do things that don't cost any money! If I could I would leave here now and travel up the coast because I've heard such amazing things about it from people that have already done it but I need to save another $4000 before I can do that! Hence my constant worry about money.
Dad told me before I left that inevitably, I would run out of money and the only thing on my mind would be where my next meal was coming from - damn him for always being right!
Have thought of a plan though, someone I know wins $150 playing blackjack at the casino everytime he goes ... maybe this could be my knew proffession! Thoughts on that please. And tips aswell would be appreciated! .. My next blog will be me moaning about losing all my money haha.
Anyway, I'm probably boring you by now so I'll update when I have information on what job I've managed to get!
Hope you're all well, I've been hearing about the good weather you're having and I'm jealous!! Who'd have thought that! Bye for now
Nicole x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



7th April 2011

Dads always right
Nicole,bank of dad is empty.There is no way you will save $4000,but I wish you luck. Gambling is only for those who can afford it...I don't think you can,If you do though I recomend Black/Red which is 50/50 and walk away when your up,or chat up a rich bloke.Miss you, good luck.xxx Chelsea lost 1-0
9th April 2011

bank of dad
Bank of Dad will only be empty until you're daughter phones you crying because she can't afford rent and has been ousted onto the streets ... then we'll see what bank of Dad has to say! Well I'm going to try and save that much money. I've seen people do it! Thanks for the gamblilng advice .. I'll let you know how it goes! I know, I heard, and something about a bad penatly decision? Phone you soon, Nic x
9th April 2011

Hi Nicole
Hi Nicole - we've just caught up with the blogs - sounds a great place. Can I suggest Dad plants a few money trees in his garden. Surely he can't leave his daughter financially stranded - sell the business! I know a mathematically proven formula for roulette but you have to make sure the heavies in the casino don't catch on......... Glad you are having fun as that is what it is all about. Stay safe Love the Basingstoke Pezzas xxxx

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb