February – Where did you go?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 3rd 2011
Published: March 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So between working like crazy and what felt like a whirlwind of a week and half where Brett was back from Hong Kong... the blog has been suffering... Sorry! Guess this working full time cuts into the things we had gotten used to in our life of semi-retirement. Really makes us think though... what's the better way...??? Think we know the answer. Just need to figure out how to achieve it...

So it was great to have Brett back, well more than great, and so good to be back in our caravan, back by the beach. It did mean a bit of a longer drive to work for me – from 35 minutes to about an hour in the morning – but then only 35 minutes on the way home (maybe everyone hits the pub after work which means a quicker drive home for me?? Who knows?!). It's only about 29 km's but the traffic is pretty slow in the morning, but I have been loving being close to the beach again, much better!

What was supposed to be 3-4 days a week of work for me has turned into 5 days a week a, plus some work for the company I do work for in Canada, so it's been a bit full on to say the least. The weather has been great though, the super hot temps have gone back to normal, around 24 to 28 degrees, and it's crazy to think it's the end of summer here - say it isn't so!! We managed to hit the beach on the last weekend of summer, which at 28 degrees felt the furthest thing from it and we weren't complaining. We went to our favorite Chinese and super good Italian restaurant from back when we stayed here back last winter, our Bikram in Brookvale and thought that maybe this might not be a bad area to rent a place, if you can get past the drive to work. But then again, who says we want to work full time anyways?? Ha! Just don't tell my boss that... We also went and saw Social Distortion play which was their first ever concert in Australia which was so good, and over by 11pm, gotta love that! Yes I know we sound old... Just can't quite do the late nights before work like we used to...

Before we knew it the week and half was up, we changed caravan parks so I was a bit closer to the city and work, and Brett was on his way back to Hong Kong for 3 or so weeks.

And we promise to keep up on the blog more and not let this work thing interfere... It does make for boring blogs and who wants that?!




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb