Shopping, the imax and the sky tower


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 25th 2011
Published: March 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sydney is a great place to have a girlie day. Me and mum decided that we had to go shopping and then a trip to the sky tower and then the cinema would be in order.


First we started shopping. the best shops are along a street called George Street. There are also lots and lots of Shopping malls. We discovered a great store in one of the malls called Myer, which is a bit like Debenhams. Mum got me a new dress and some new silver shoes. There are lots and lots of shops in Sydney but the worst thing is that it is so hot that you dont actually feel like shopping. We had to stop lots for ice cream!


After shopping we went up the Sydney sky tower. Here you get to walk round in a circle and see the who of Sydney through big glass windows. There is a lift that takes you up about 40 floors and it goes really quickly. We got some amazing photos. If you are over 14 you can go on a skywalk. I really wanted to do it but was just too little. You get to go out onto the ledge of the building on the end of a rope 41 stories over sydney. It is a really cool way to see all over Sydney.

We then went to the Imax cinema. This was amazing. It is about 10 stories high and you feel that you are sitting in the middle of the movie and not actually watching it in front of you. We went to see megamind which was great. I liked it so much I made mum take me back later to watch Tron. It was a really good day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb