Serenity Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
July 12th 2010
Published: August 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Both myself and Craig took a shine to Gus and he eventually started to sleep in our flat on the settee, scamp however was like a watchdog at night and would not come inside incase any of the horses got into trouble. Most nights we slept soundly but on a few occasions a horse would become stuck in its box and scamp would start to bark until it got up itself or someone got up to help. He was good like that but it was slightly annoying having to get up in the middle of the night.

Gus the poochy loved to ride on the quad bike with us so when we did the poo run on a morning there would be Gus on the seat, Craig driving standing on the foot space and myself holding on on the other side. Before we arrived the dogs would sleep outside and wear the cutest little blue rugs to keep them warm. Gus was getting a little tubby on the tummy and his strap didnt fit all the way round, bless him, so we had to take him into our crib, or thats how i rationalise it.

So we spent a little longer at "Serenity Park" than we expected. We started at the beginning of March and worked til the 12th of July. Just 2 days after our 1 year aniversary of leaving home. We cant say anything bad about our time here as we loved every minute. I must say we had days when i wanted to sleep past our 6am start but i dragged myself up every morning in time for work. The mornings were light when we began but months later they were dark and cold, I wont describe everyday as that would be boring but i will tell you of a few good events. Starting with our first day we mucked out the 23 tables which took us 5:30 hours and i got the lawn mower stuck between a tree and a fence on the driveway. We helped Caz feed the 80 horse that were on the property and she thought we picked it up like pros. Given we were slow and incompetant with the horses we were still around for day 2. Soon we fell into our daily routine, clean out boxes, dump the poo in a paddock, have breakfast then do some random job that needed doing and off for a spot of lunch. My afternoon was feeding the horses and Craigs was fixing or building something or helping out the girls with the horses. After our first week we were trusted to catch horses, rug and unrug them, shower them ect and we had frequented the local towns pub, The Camden Hotel.

All was not smooth for us at "Serenity Park" and within a few weeks we had sucessfully broken a John Deer lawn mower, a toyota landcruiser and smashed a fence wityh a giant tree. I also managed to put in the washing machine a fox tel remote control and a cushion, all in working order after drying out i must add. But still Shane must of like us because he kept us around. The girls we worked with were really nice and taught us from the ground up what we needed to know about horses. We worked with FEI Groom of the Year Michelle, Rachel and Caryn who were also grooms. We lived next to the stable in a little flat that Nikki kindly made very homely.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb