Day 2 - Sydney Sightseeing


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 12th 2010
Published: April 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We stayed in the Sydney CBD on Sunday night and took the opened- top tourist explorer bus down to Bondi the following morning. The tourist bus has many stops in and around the city and you can hop on and hop off wherever you like. When we arrived at Bondi we decided to go for a walk out to the headland and take in the views.
We then took the bus back to the City via Rose Bay and on to Darling Harbour. We had a lovely walk around Harbourside and Cockle Bay. After lunch we took the bus down to Circular Quay and caught the Ferry out to Fort Denison. The Harbour is beautiful and there is always lots to see.
We had a very busy time and were quite tired when we collected the car at 4pm. The drive home took us 5hours (normally 1 1/2) because there had been a very bad accident on the F3 motorway and the traffic was at a standstill.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Bondi BeachBondi Beach
Bondi Beach

We walked out to and around the headland
Bondi PoolBondi Pool
Bondi Pool

Where the 'ice-bergs' swim
WowWow
Wow

A plane wrote 'Steve' in the sky!!
Bondi BeachBondi Beach
Bondi Beach

Famous all over the world
Rhapsody on the SeasRhapsody on the Seas
Rhapsody on the Seas

Wouldn't it be lovely to escape on this for a few weeks!
The F3The F3
The F3

was a parking lot. A very long trip home.


16th April 2010

What a busy day for you both
I love the look of Darling Harbour - one day I will visit!! The bus is a good idea - there are buses like that here too. What a shame about the traffic jam on the way home...........
18th April 2010

You are always welcome!
and then you can go to Darling Harbour and ride on the red bus!
18th April 2010

fancy getting your name written in the sky! There are no planes here because of the volcano in Iceland. We notice the quiet, even here, but near the airports people are really finding a difference. What a long drag home for you. Still, better than being involved in the accident.

Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0976s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb