Sydney Treating Us Well


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 28th 2006
Published: February 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone, All is well here in Sydney. We are currenlty living in Ultimo, which is a 10 minute walk from the Central Business District. We are living in a large 3 bedroom flat. At one stage their were 7 people living in this flat. An Enlish couple, Holly and Ed, another English bloke Dom, an English girl Aisling, a crazy Irish girl, Caroline whom Neil never understood and made fun of her accent, like in the movie "Snatch" a Scottish bloke, Ross and us Canadians or as people liked to refer to us as from "Canadia". Aisling, Caroline, Dom and Ross have all moved on to do some fruit picking and to see Melbourne,and now we are a Flat of 3 couples. English, Scottish (Anne and Jimmy) and the Canadians! Although, everyone who has lived in this flat has alway come back at some point to squat on the ever so comfy couch. That's where we started!!!!

We are both working down along Darling Harbour. Neil's on the far side so he has about a half an hour walk and I work on the opposite side, which is only a 10 minute walk if that. Neil is Still bartending and loving it at a Restaurant/Pub named Jame's Squires. Closing most nights and then Staggering home after his one Knock Off......Yeah Right, make that several. They treat both Neil and I like gold. Not the same as PJ's though. I now have work as of 3 weeks ago as a Waitress at an Italian Restaurant called Firioni's. Really enjoying it.The Restaurant is run by 3 brothers, Ross, Anthony and Joe. Joe is actually the owner and very intimidating. He looks like Vin Disel and has a temper. If things are not perfect when he comes in to close, be prepared to get yelled at. So far 4 people have walked out on him. I think were on good terms though!!! The head cook, Vlatimier, calls me Miss Canada or if it's busy he will Yell "Canada to table 13" A real laugh. Everyone is so Excited for Neil and I being on our year long Honeymoon. My co-workers thought I was only 20, and were a little shocked to know my real age and that I was married. Maybe I'll be able to get away with lying about my age at 45!!! hehe

Neil and I are both working 6 days a week. Basically drinking V's sleeping, working and taping our favorite shows, such as Oprah, supernaturals, Jail Break and House. The entire flat is stuck on these shows, so when we get off work we all sit around and catch up!! We are bringing in some good money for our next travels and we use our tips to help us see the sights here in Sydney on our only day off, which is every Tuesday. We were lucky to get the same day! Our first Tuesday off was Valentines Day. How Romantic. We went up the Sydney Tower and had a buffet dinner at the Revolving Restaurant. It was Fantastic. Neil and I got to try Kangaroo and Camel for the first time. The Kangaroo was like a nice juicy steak so I throughly enjoyed it. The Camel on the other hand was a little on the tough side but I believe this is just the way it's suppose to be. Tons of Seafood of course and Pasta. After dinner we went for a walk down along Darling Harbour and picked up some fantastic Cake from Firioni's. I got the Immortal Sin and was it ever! Real cream for the first layer, Chocolate mouse for the second and Cheese cake for the third layer and a cookie crust bottom. OHHHH YEAHHHH. Neil was too full to eat anymore! After all it was a buffet!

Our Next day off we went to the Sydney Aquarium. It was really beautiful. They had a tunnel you walked through and you were surrounded by sharks, hugh stingrays and a variety of beautiful fish. We also arrived in time to see the Seals being fed. There were two types of Seals, New Zealand, and Furry Ocean Seals. Really cute. There were thousands of different fish located in their own tanks that was a part of the walk through. My favorite was the Cow fish. It made me giggle uncontrollably, and no I didn't have sugar. It only swam vertically, an it's mouth gave it an expression of shock!! LOL We also saw an octapus and two different kinds of seahorse to name a couple other interesing fish. We have lots of photos!!!!! After the Aquarium, we met up with Joanne and went for dinner at Jame's Squire's where we treated to Champange and Cocktails, Calamari and Oyster's Killpatrick. These were just starters. As you can tell we are loving the food here in Sydney and apparently Melbourne is even more Poche.

Stay tuned for the next few weeks when we follow up on our next Tuesday Adventures! As you can tell were having a blast. We miss you all and can't wait to read you replys!

Take care all,
love,
Neil and Heather



Advertisement



28th February 2006

Eat Drink and Be Merry
Good to hear from you and that you are getting to enjoy Sydney's attractions. Enjoy your days off as soon Joanne will be moving in and she will be sure to have move in tasks for you two to help her with. Neil can paint the ceilings, as Jo has no ladder, and you can give Jo shoulder massages as she strokes out on the cost of housing in Balmain! Or better still you can pour yourselves champagne while Neil works his tiny ass off!
28th February 2006

Sounds like you guys are still loving it there. I hope that doesn't mean you won't be coming home because we all miss you so much!!!!
21st March 2006

Sounds Fab
So glad to hear you are having such a blast. You make us more determined to head that way soon- when i retire!!!!

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb