They sure do like Parades in Sydney....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 17th 2009
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We thought with all the doom and gloom at home and the “R*****n” getting everyone down, it would be nice to cheer you all up a bit. So, being the nice people that we are, we have got some pictures of our apartment to show you.


Now try not to be too jealous, we haven’t included any pictures of the mini cinema or 25m swimming pool or the gym, just a few snaps of the apartment, oh and the awesome view of course. And the best thing about it is we have lots of time to enjoy it because neither of us are working. It’s amazing how far our Euro savings go over here 😊


The weather here is still quite hot, up to 26 or 27 some days with an odd shower , which is a welcome relief. We’ve settled into the apartment now and with Fox Digital we even have a weekly TV schedule :P

Seeing as we are already putting up pics of the apartment, we figured we might as well put up some other pictures of what we’ve been up to lately when we‘re not in the pool or the jacuzzi.


There was, of course, another height related activity when we climbed the Harbour Bridge pylon look-out - 200 steps in 27°C so it wasn‘t an easy climb but the views were worth it! We couldn’t miss the annual Mardi Gras Parade on Oxford street, which was very ‘colourful’.


We also watched the full Australian Naval Fleet sail into the harbour for the first time since 1988 and the next morning from our balcony we watched 5000 navy officers march through the streets of the city. It was an amazing sight and also a little like an extras party from “A Few Good Men”. One other highlight of the past couple of weeks has been our picnic at Circular Quay which included a packet of King crisps courtesy of Mark (thanks!)


They were gorgeous but they got us thinking again about the things from home you can’t get here and now we are both dying for Charlies!!!! Our latest outing was to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade which took place on March 15th because it was a Sunday and it’s easier to arrange the necessary road closures in the city centre at the weekend. It’s quite funny to watch the entire city grind to a halt while a few green floats and Irish dancers prance along through the streets to celebrate the national day of another country! It made us feel very patriotic!

But not enough to go home just yet....

Back soon!








Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb