BIG DAY OUT!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 27th 2006
Published: January 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello all.

No pictures yet...Dial up is really slow and we are trying not to tie up their phone line!

Day Out was insane fun! We were 3rd row for End Of Fashion which was for sure a highlight! We had a bit of a mosh session and continued to dance up a storm to some sweet ass DJs in the “Boiler Room”. There were so many artists, too many to pick from, but we managed to catch some of the White Stripes, Iggy Pop, Franz Ferdinand, Hilltop hoods (which is an Aussie Hip Hop group) and some really great DJs. We were there about 8 hours and we couldn’t stop dancing. Too bad there was a 2 hour train ride to get back to our camper. Our camper had yet another huntsman inside and Dave squished it with his sandal. If you know how big they are - gross…If you don’t - it’s like squishing a small mouse on the wall - gross.

Out Big Day Out attire was super fun. We made pillow case shirts and bought an 8 pac of sharpies. We got a bunch of people to write all over them and by the end of the night we had some pretty sweet, dumb quotes. We only took disposables so I will try to get some scanned when we get them developed. All in all it was a SUPER FUN time!

Well today we are heading to the beach for some body boarding action. I am looking to get somewhat of a tan. Our pale skin was a little funny mixed in with all the brown Aussie bodies.

Oh forgot to mention. Shopping in Sydney is AMAZING!!!!!!! We bought so many cool dresses, skirts, sandals and shirts. We needed some clothes for Michelle and JRs wedding. I found a sweet dress for 35 bucks and there’s no taxes….SwEEt!


Advertisement



1st February 2006

Bands!
Hey Avril. Sounds like Big Day Out was a blast. I'll need a rundown on the best of the new bands you discovered so I can check them out. Seeing The White Strips would be sweet.

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb