Sydney - day 4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 7th 2009
Published: February 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today Sydney was supposed to be the hottest place on earth!!!! How about that!
We were meant to leave early today but got chatting to the Irish couple, Shibeoan and Anthony, they are really nice! We eventually got into the city around 12. We got off near Circualr Quay and walked to the Botanical Gardens. We saw a tree that had grown a branch down to the ground and re-rooted itself for extra support - amazing ! There were some good views of the Opera House and the Bridge from here. We saw hundred of bats in and around the gardens - all in the trees ! Then we walked up through the domain towards Kings Cross.
William Street has lot's of sports car shops and seems to be Backpacker central! We grabbed a sandwich and sat by El Alamein Fountain. We even got to see 3 hookers on the way! This seems to be the Sidwell St of Sydney - for those living in Exeter! - scabby !
Then walked down Victoria Street to Oxford street to get to the Padington markets. This is the area of the Mardi Gras festival. Afetr having alook around the markets we walked back to the City and went back to the campsite to pack up. Watched a film on the tv then had dinner - a long day of walking !


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb