Seeing things in 3D


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 29th 2007
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

At the IMAXAt the IMAXAt the IMAX

looking good
Day 275 (27/12/07)

We'd planned to get together with the guys and gals from Frazer island today and have a barbie on Bondi beach (giving Sandie and Tony the day off from us!), but waking to the sound of rain on the window we decided that the beach was not the best idea opting for meeting in town instead.

As we still had the morning to ourselves we met Catherine, Emma (another of Mark's work mates who had just arrived from the UK) and Helen (Catherine's friend) for breakfast when we were shortly joined by Sandie as Tony was still in bed suffering from a touch of a cold.

We caught up on the internet and before we knew it it was time to go and meet the guys - it was great to see everyone. Opting to firstly go and get some lunch over a beer we sat around to decide what exciting activities we would do for the afternoon. Not coming to any unanimous decision we all wrote our ideas on a piece of paper and put them in a hat, the two different ideas that came out on to were an all day drinking session or a visit to the IMAX theatre... mmm which would it be!?

We went along to see if there was anything worth watching at the cinema and booked some tickets for later in the day. With an hour or so to kill we went over to china town and found a great little pub opposite Paddies Market for a pre cinema beer (combining the two ideas for the day seemed the best option!). We decided to take a quick wander over to the market and managed to pick up a couple of new clothes with some of the Christmas money we had kindly been given.

Finishing the rest of our beer we went back over to the IMAX theatre and made our way into our seats for the showing of BEOWULF.

The hilarious glasses we had to wear which, im sure you will agree make us look irresistable, had a few of us in fits of giggles. The film itself was a strange story following an old legend about demons and heroes set in medieval times, but the effects of the 3D were amazing.

After the show we all said our goodbyes and went our separate
At the IMAXAt the IMAXAt the IMAX

Got to have cinema sweets, though Chrissie is very upset that they don't have pick and mix here in Oz!
ways. We went back over to see Sandie and Tony to find out what they'd been up to (visiting the Chinese tea gardens which they said was lovely!) stopping in the shopping centre on the way to buy Mark a new pair of jeans - so good!

After spending the rest of the evening with Sandie and Tony we dropped into the pub to catch up again with Catherine and Emma before heading to bed. It was great to see you gals!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb