Our Last Day?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 19th 2005
Published: August 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Will SmithWill SmithWill Smith

If The Fresh Prince could do it, we could too!
Today we did the Sydney Harbour Bridge 'Bridge Climb'. This is a pricey, guided tour along the bridge arch to the very top of the bridge. At the top you are standing approx. 425 feet above the harbor below. The entire process takes about 3 1/2 hours. You have to take a breath test to prove that you're not intoxicated, sign your life away on a legal form, gear up in these spiffy spacesuit-like jump suits. You're connected to the guide via earpiece radios, and.... of course, you can't bring your camera!

So, we sprung extra $$ for the photos that they took. They came out pretty good and give you a pretty good idea where we were and what we were doing.

Today is our last day in Sydney, and we depart tomorrow AM for Auckland, NZ.

-Cory




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Under the Bridge...Under the Bridge...
Under the Bridge...

Under the bridge... but still up near the darn top. The shakiest part of the climb was walking across these catwalks with nothing beneath for 150 feet. Just the pavement/water below. We were tied to a 'static line' the entire time though...
Sydney Harbor Bridge ClimbSydney Harbor Bridge Climb
Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb

Gives you an idea of what it was like to walk up along the arch. The dodgiest part actually was beneath here walking along cat walks and going up and down 4 sets of ladders.
Top of the BridgeTop of the Bridge
Top of the Bridge

We took these photos from the top of the stone tower at the end of the bridge. The top of the arch is something like 425 ft above water. Our climb guide told us that before the official climb tours (began 1998), people used to illegally climb the bridge. One group managed to lug a shopping cart all the way to the top to leave it there as a prank.
Frankie MunizFrankie Muniz
Frankie Muniz

If Malcolm could do the climb, certainly we could.


19th August 2005

one of us looks excited....
Cory: I'm torn in trying to interpret your facial expressions in the above photos--nausea or fear?? But good job in taking one for the team; I've heard that compromise is the key to any healthy relationship.....
19th August 2005

pics
thanks for spending the cash, these are great pics of both of you. I don't think that looks safe i'm scared for you..cory are you having fun yet?? luv ya, be safe..fav aunt jackie
22nd August 2005

Australian Fashion
I like the matching T-shirts, I think you should bring that fashion trend back to the states
27th August 2005

If I didn't know better, I'd say that one picture looks like a bunch of prisoners climbing the bridge. I agree with Favorite Aunt Jackie, the close up pictures of you two are GREAT!

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb