Great day in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 9th 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Opera HouseOpera HouseOpera House

I'm at Sydney Opera house!
Today has been a really good day. Firstly it rained last night so the air was much cooler thankfully. We caught the train and bus to Bondi beach this morning and spent some time on the beach and looking around. Bondi is actually a pretty big suburb. The beach was nice - very fine, like walking on flour - and felt suitably Aussie with lots of surfers catching the waves. There are also lots of shops dedicated to selling swimware so I feel my seach for a new bikini suddenly got a lot more promising. After lunch we followed the costal walk to Coogee Bay which took about 90mins. It took us past several other nice bays on the way and we had a sea breeze to keep us cool. Chilled out at Coogee for a while before getting the bus back to the centre and right up to the quay side. From here we walked up to the Opera House for a close up look. I took many photos along with every other tourist. There were also great views of the bridge and all the skyscrapers.
At this point we decided we deserved a drink so had a couple at
Opera House (2)Opera House (2)Opera House (2)

So is Shashi!
the Opera bar which was frankly idyllic - fantastic views, warm sunshine and a great atmosphere with all the locals winding down after work - brilliant! After chilling out we caught one of the ferries to get some lovely views of the city and harbour from the water. Finally we headed back to the hostel via the business area, looking at all the skyscrapers.
Needless to say, an amazing day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Opera House (3)Opera House (3)
Opera House (3)

Another view! From the ferry
Bondi beachBondi beach
Bondi beach

Surfs up


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb