Sydney!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 4th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Harbour BridgeHarbour BridgeHarbour Bridge

We climbed that!
we have been in Sydney now for 12 days and it has been really good fun! I finally felt better when we arrived here, inot Wake Up which is a 7 storey hostel and generally massive! it was in the city centre, about 30 mins walk from the Harbour, and so was a good place to start! We went to the Harbour (as you do!) and we have visited it a few times now and its really cool! The Opera House looks different from every angle, and is really impressive, I absolutely love it! We missed the QE2 and QM2 meeting by a day which was a bit crap, cos it looked pretty special, but we were around for Mardis Gras last night which was just ridiculous! It was so big, and we managed to get a really good spot near the beginning of the parade and saw it all, they also had pink Australian flags to celebrate! it was a really awesome sight, all very theatrical including a Kylie float that was actually 4 floats, each with their own drag Kylie!

We went to Bondi which was cool, although it really is taking all the will power we have
The Opera House!The Opera House!The Opera House!

Awesome! First day in Sydney
not to buy out the whole of the surf shops! lol! I have managed to stop at a pair of beach shorts and some flip flops! lol! It was really fun at the beach, watching the surfers (and the Wanabees!) although it unfortunatey clouded over after about 3 hours and didnt budge for a out a week! we saw a lot of parks and botanical gardens ( and had a little train ride round them!) and also found the Lindt coffe shop! the Hot chcolate is melted Lindt and hot milk! with Lindt cakes and everything! its just the best thing in the world!! Yum Yum!

we also stayed in Manly for a few days which is Sydney sill but a ferry ride across the harbour, and it doesnt feel like Sydney! The sun eventually came out and I got burnt, again, but its ok now! we also met a girl called Sammy In Sydney who had just stared travelling on her own for a while and so she came to Manly with us which was fun except our hostel had bed bugs and this time Laura got sick!

well, this has ebeen long and I have loads to say still ( I should post more often!!) so I will leav it with our Bridg Climb! over the top of The Sydney Harbour Bridge and back! Fantastic! no phots cos you cant take your camera but i don have a very fetching photo of our suits! lol!

hope everyone is well! Only 5 months left! lol!

luc xxxxxxxxxxxx






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Cocktails!Cocktails!
Cocktails!

Laura and her Cocktail in Manly!
Mardis GrasMardis Gras
Mardis Gras

It was mad but awesome!
Me, Laura, Sammy and Sangria!Me, Laura, Sammy and Sangria!
Me, Laura, Sammy and Sangria!

Making sangria in the dive that was Boardriders! This is Sammy who stayed with us in Maanly
BridgeClimbBridgeClimb
BridgeClimb

Our suits for the bridge climb, we had headsets harnesses and everything!


6th March 2007

Harbour Bridge Suits
You look like 2 penguins!
7th March 2007

Amazing!
Lucinda!! Looks like you are having an amazing time!! So jealous!! Stuck here doing coursework and finals and your sunning it up in Aus! Where else are you heading to in the next 5 months? Keep doing the blog cos love to see what your up to!! Miss you!! em xxxx
8th March 2007

Damn you!
Loving your blog updates - it looks like you are having a brilliant time and i'm sure you'll build up a tolerance to all of their viruses and hopefully get used to dodging the mid-day sun! I've finally got round to getting a job so pictures of you two having a great time is making me very jealous - especially for the ability for cool photos (HK at night especially) and Ramsay Street looked quite surreal.
13th March 2007

hey you, looks like sydney is awesome, im looking forward to it. hope your having fun at surf camp, i would pay to see you trying to surf he he! Im sure your much better than i would ever be though...id just sink! speak to you soon!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb