Surf Camp Special!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
March 19th 2007
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our last beachOur last beachOur last beach

In the National Park
So last week was surf camp! wooooooo! unfortuantely, I have not turned into some awesome surfer chick! I was rubbish! I do however have massive bruises and scrapes on my legs, arms, elbows and bum! lol! apart from that it was awesome! ( i kind of like the bruises, it showed i tried- makes me look hardcore! ha ha!)

We travelled about 2 1/2 hours from Sydney on our first day to stay in the waves surf camp for 2 nights where we stayed in a cool lodge but had showers in a tin shack that we shared with spiders! lol! it was all fun though! we also had a swimming pool and bar and stuff ($9 jugs of sangria!). The evening where a lot of fun too, but there was a pitch black walk back form the bar to our lodge after!

We went to a different beach each day and we were pretty much the only people on the beach and our instructers were all typical surfer guys! we had the big learner surfboards though, which were so horrible to carry! we also had wetsuits which have made me lok like im wearing stockings! nightmare!

After
Beach Number one!Beach Number one!Beach Number one!

I think we did about 3 hours soldi surfing here on our first day!
that we went and stayed in another lodge by seal rocks (apparently great learner waves: triangular sand banks and easy to get into the green zone! lol) which was really nice. although we found a very large huntsman spider in our room, that even the boys wouldnt touch! lol!

On the last night we camped in the National Park which was right by the beach. It was proper 2 man tent camping where it has to be said, Laura and I expertly put up our tent! then we had a camp fire and cos we were so far away from the city, I have never seen so many stars in my life, inc.uding some shooting stars!

All in all surf camp was awesome! I (just) managed to stand up a few times which felt prety good and ,hey, one day I may even be able to turn! A lot of people from camp are still in byron, and in our hostel too so we made some great frends! we had a farewell night on friday, were we went to Cheeky Monkeys, its a club that doesnt have a dancefloor but lots of tables! lol, its funny although you
Our LodgeOur LodgeOur Lodge

Where we stayed, it was pretty nice!
do feel like youre having a dance off with the table opposite!

so that was surf camp! But I can now tell you its all about offshore winds, triangular sandbanks and riding the wave! ha ha!

love luc x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Trying to surf!Trying to surf!
Trying to surf!

It got more succesful than this!
My BruiseMy Bruise
My Bruise

It got a lot more purple than this!
CampingCamping
Camping

The rest of our camp site, the beach is right behind the bus!
duskdusk
dusk

Next to a Billabong on a walk at dusk, some Kangaroos were eyeing us up at this point too!
DylanDylan
Dylan

This was our mad instructer, pretty much sums them all up!
Group PhotoGroup Photo
Group Photo

This was our group, which was about half the total group


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb