Feeding the ducks... NOT


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 11th 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So glamourousSo glamourousSo glamourous

Having an indoor picnic waiting for the rain to subside.
Sunday started out with the best of intentions... wake up early, have lunch, read the papers, go to Centennial Park and feed the ducks, take a walk, feed the ducks some more, nap on the grass by the duck pond, go for dinner.

The reality was that we woke up late-ish, couldn't agree on what to eat for lunch, but did get the papers and bread for the ducks and headed over to Centennial Park. Just in time for the sunny skies to turn thundercloud gray and downpour buckets and buckets. "Oh, but we need it" (remember that old chestnut from a prior entry?). You know what... need it some other time. I'm on holiday and this sucks.

We ate our subs in the van and watched people scurry to their cars in a poor attempt to stay dry. When the floodgates of Heaven finally subsided, we wandered over to said duck pond. Where the mosquitoes prompty attacked me in various places. It must be my sweet, foreign blood. Fresh meat and all. So that quickly ixnayed our outing for the day. Nothing worse than a cranky visitor madly scratching insect bites and bitching about the weather.

Went home, froze the bread for another day, and read the papers in the dry comfort of Dave's front room. OOOOOHHHHHH... so exciting and exotic. I betcha everyone's jealous of me now eh? lol

That night we met up with Aziz, a buddy of Dave's who I got to know while he was over in Toronto last year on a 6-month work junket. We met up at the Lansdowne for a $5 steak and chips. Yes, $5 for steak and chips. The only caveat being you must purchase a beverage (alcoholic or non). Can't go wrong with that. So over reminiscings of Niagara Falls, flat tires, and the far-distant memories of Canadian deep freeze, we caught up. Aziz is studying for his Master's while working for Qantas Holidays. His market is Hong Kong and Bali, so every so often he does site inspections of their contracted hotels and holiday suppliers to ensure that all is up to standard. Nice eh?

Another quiet evening as it's a school night for young David (ha ha sucka!). Parked ourselves in front of the tube, ate ice cream and fruit, and just vegged.

Princess Gina - the hotel sheets are divine; how are yours?
Mom - I transferred the money.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb