...in the beginning


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 11th 2007
Published: February 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We (Simon and Tom) arrived in Sydney on Wednesday 7th in the evening Australia time. Suddenly a day had gone missing in the mysterious abyss of time, and the trip actually got off to a pretty tricky start. There was a misunderstanding... The plan - well, the one Simon and I had, was that there would be a massively emotional greeting at the arrivals gate as the four boys reunited after 6 months of heart wrenching absense... no, not this time. Simon and I found ourselves lost and cold - flung despairingly and insensitively into the cruel sydney night, no sign of George and Stretch, who had organised us a place to sleep. Apparently. The phones were down, the weather was harsh. So we wept. We even tried nearby hostels for a place... no room AT ALL. It wasn't looking good.
ANYHOW, to cut a long story short, after having helped a drunken tramp off the road, George showed up, big grin and all. It was beautiful. He'd been watching the rugby at a nearby 'irish' pub, we couldn't believe it. He thought we were landing at 11. we landed at 7... Whatever, we got over it.
Since then, we have enjoyed two hostels in the sydney area and spent one night in a sydney suburb with a friend of Stretch. I shan't bore you with all the planning we've been doing for our trip up the coast but its gonna be big and it's gonna be GRAND! The evenings (every single one) have been superb, including a 'beach' party last night in the 'wake-up' hostel night club! In terms of tourism and culture... I must be honest; not much has gone on. We've 'done' MAnly beach (and incidently are going again tomorrow) and walked to Circular Quay. Tomorrow is also Chinese New Year tomorrow, which is a BIG deal here. Plus our hostel is very near Chinatown- so that'll be cool.
Right, must go. And don't expect every entry to be this long!! It is the first one so it is still all very new and exciting, and all that. All is fun and games. Much love all.

The Boys

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb