Museum


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 29th 2006
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Went into the city and visited the Anzac memorial which is the memorial for the war dead also on the lower floor they have a bronze statue of a soldier which is laid across an bronze cross. In the joining room there is a museum which details the various wars Australia have been involved and a collection of medals from various wars and a record archive where you can trace family history by surname only.
From there I went across the road then through Hyde Park and into the Australian Museum which on the ground floor had the aboriginal life history followed by numerous skeletons of animals found in Australia. The first floor consisted of a display of various gems and where in the country they were mined.
The third floor had a display of the spiders,flies,birds and beetles that are found including the most deadly spider which is the Sydney Redback which has a red back and a crab like claw. A bite from a spider can kill within 5 minutes.
On the way back to the train Station I called into the ticket agents on the off chance that they had some ashes tickets returned, they had 2 restricted view tickets for day 2 so I obtained one of these at least I can say I was at the last test match that Shane Warne and Glenn Mcgarath played in. I then returned to the hostel where it was very busy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb