Arrive to Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 1st 2006
Published: December 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I arrve to Sydey Airport with Maddy, took a while to get through Security as Maddy wanted to tell them about her muddy shoes, only for them to tell her that she couldn't take her necklace or earrings into Oz. I think this was about the third time Maddy had had problems so started to rant that they always treated her like a druggie. At which point I gave her the signal to shut up, probably not the best idea to mention drugs whilst getting through security.

The heat is really shocking when we get outside, and get a shuttle bus to Base hostel, where Ed and Nebel are also stopping. Meet up with Ed for a couple of drinks and meet a few of his old Irish friends. Then make our way to the supermarket - at which point I just couldn't stand the crowds - compared to quiet NZ. It was like going from the Lake District to busy London - just to much of a shock to the system. That night Ed drags us out to a bar, as him and the other guys (Simon, John and Nebel) had been waiting for us to get there for a big night, good night although end up leaving earlish.

Generally sleep alot during my time in Sydney to try and catch up on some sleep. Go to a bar, which has jazz music playing overlooking the opera house which was nice and relaxing. The Opera House really does look stunning at night!

Following day we go to see the Rugby match between OZ and GB, good fun although we had the biggest bunch of Aussie teenage idiots behind us. Who shouting out how f**king crap England is, how they have had 'relations' with the players mothers etc. All the boys wouldn't say anything to them, but eventually when they started to use the c*nt word, Pella turned round to them (who used to be a teacher and has a very posh accent) to give them a good telling off - surprisingly it worked, well for a little while anyway...... Eventually an Aussie who had his kids with him must have had enough of them, as he reported them to the police who gave them a warning. All worked out OK in the end - as GB actually won the match!

We went to a few bars afterwards, although must have had a lot to drink, as I insulted Ed's cousin enough (after he played a joke on me) to storm out of the bar. Ed was so impressed by it that he called his mum in Ireland to tell her about it. Although I must have got a bit annoying for Maddy as I kept repeating the story to her.

Anyway my few days in Sydney were about up, as Nebel (check the photo's out ladies - yummy!), Ed, Me and Maddy are driving down in a camper van for the Melbourne Cup - and meeting up with Kelly, Alan and Smithy - should be fun!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb