Arrived in Sydney!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
November 29th 2006
Published: December 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We woke up this morning on the plane, a couple of hours from Perth. We landed at Perth airport during a rain storm and transferred to the domestic terminal. Then it was onto another plane for the 3 hour hop to Sydney.

We were both feeling pretty tired by this point, and the flight seemed to go on forever. But eventually, we came into land at Sydney airport. We jumped into a taxi and headed of for the Establishment Hotel.

One thing about Sydney taxi drivers, they have NO idea how to get anywhere in Sydney. If you don’t know where it is, then expect a lot of driving around and consulting of maps. Eventually, the driver managed to get us to the Establishment Bar, which is in the same building, but he could not find the hotel entrance. I hopped out and asked the bouncer on the door and he said it would be easier to go through the bar and he’d show us.

So the beautiful people of Sydney got the sight of a dishevelled pair of poms, dragging their luggage through the bar. Those who weren’t quick enough getting out of the way also got a bruised foot as the wheels on the bags rolled over them.

The hotel itself is great, the rooms are well appointed with big baths, a separate rain shower and huge, comfy king size beds. Each evening the turn down service leaves you a couple of huge, freshly baked cookies.

The concierge showed us up to our room on the third floor and then went off to get us some sparkling wine for us to have in the bath (we are on honeymoon after all!). After a long soak we both got a bit of a second wind, we got ready and went to get some food in the hotel’s highly recommended restaurant - Est.

The food was superb, Fi had Moreton Bay Bugs followed by a John Dory fillet, while I had Salmon and then the most perfectly cooked lamb. We had a bottle of Cloudy Bay Pelorus with it, finished off with a Port and went for a well deserved sleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb