Tour of the opera house


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
July 5th 2009
Published: July 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A tour of the inside of the opera house



We had a guided tour of the opera house today. They do an hours tour inside,but unfortunately the two main stages were occupied so we couldn't see them. We did get to see two of the smaller stages, various parts around the inside and outside of it, and some of the special rooms.
They have a clever system where everyone gets a headphone and receiver, and the guide has a microphone and radio transmitter, so you can hear her clearly in all locations. We also had our photos taken and made into a postcard, together with a DVD of the opera house. It is certainly an impressive building, and had its fair share of controversy during its construction. They didn't originally know how to build what was designed, and it was only part way through the building they actually figured out how to make the shell structures. It was budgeted at $7 million and 3 years, but cost $102 million and took 14 years to build.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



14th July 2009

opra house
The opra house looks big!!!! How was it and what did you see? The spiky things at the front look big were they?

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb