A trip to the blue mountains


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Boomerang 8 secs
The Blue Mountains

So today we went on a tour to the blue mountains. We had to have an early breakfast and then get ready for an 8:30 pick-up. We were driven out of Sydney in a coach with lots of other people to a wildlife park. It had only native Australian animals and had kangaroos and Emu roaming free that you could stroke. They also had Koala which you could have your photo taken with. They also had lots of other animals. We each had a passport which you could put stamps in when you had seen the animals.

After five minutes the bus drive stop and went into a field to demonstrated boomerang throwing.

After that we drove on to lunch somewhere on the way to the blue mountains. After lunch we went up to a lookout place where we could see three rock formations called the three sisters. The blue mountains are called blue mountains because the eucalyptus trees released moisture which coloured the mist blue.

We went on a skyway with a glass floor. Then we went on a cable car that went really steeply down into the rain forest. We walked around to a train which you had to lie down in but the track was so steep it tipped you upright.
We then went to Leura town for a walk around, and then onto a waterfall. Then we came back to Sydney and a trip up the river in a speed boat, that went under the harbour bridge. We had Macdonalds on the walk back to the hotel, as we were all shattered!




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

steep train tracksteep train track
steep train track

It got even more steeper than this


4th July 2009

Memories!
These pictures bring back memories of when we did these things many years ago.What a great time you are having already. We are SO pleased for you. I thought 4 of you went! Where's Julian? We are really enjoying holidaying along with you. Hope you can keep it up. Old Aunts.
6th July 2009

Update
Just at the end of our school day. Looks like you're having a fantastic time. We wish we were there with you. Sydney Harbour looks awesome! We are on our final literacy unit - based on the book 'The Ghost of Thomas Kempe'. We're really enjoying it. Keep updating the blog. Class 5.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb