Sydney Harbor, Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
February 20th 2009
Published: February 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sydney, Australia


Dear Doolittle/Martins and Sarah Merriwether:

As you can see from the photos, we are in Sydney, Australia, one of our favorite places in the world. This is our 4th visit to Australia and we would come more often if it weren't so far from Naples. We are docked directly across the water from the Sydney Opera House, the building that looks like some white tents and is recognized the world over as the land mark of the Sydney harbor.

The photo of the needle like building is the Sydney Sky Tower where we went for lunch yesterday. We dined in the restaurant at the top which goes around 360 degrees in one and a half hours. It is very similar to the one we visited in Auckland, New Zealand.

The view of the city is magnificent.

We stayed in the Marriott Hotel last night so that Granny Lynne could take a bath. She is concerned that you may think that she is not washing on the ship. We have a shower in our bathroom on the ship, but no tub and Granny Lynne is a ´tub soaker¡. I was going to take a picture for you of her in the tub, but she told me that if I did that she would make sure that I would regret it for the rest of my life. She wasn't kidding, so there is no picture, but, believe me, she did have a nice long soak. We leave here this afternoon for a two day voyage up the Australian coast to the city of Carirns.

Much love to all of you. Granddaddy and Granny Lynne


Please click on the links below for the tracking map, the Queen Victoria Bridge webcam and the Queen Victoria tracking map.

Chuck and Lynne's Satellite Tracking Map

Webcam on the Bridge of the Queen Victoria

Queen Victoria GPS Tracking Map




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Sydney 4Sydney 4
Sydney 4

Opera House


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb