Champagne Brunch


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Pyrmont
January 7th 2012
Published: January 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a champagne brunch planned which was part of Jo’s Christmas present. It was another hot and sunny morning (finally it seems summer has arrived) so we took a stroll around Darling Harbour and across to Asti restaurant in Pyrmont. It was a very small boutique restaurant with dark furniture and lots of chandeliers… very glamorous for brunch!

Brunch was booked for 11am and by that time we were both starving so we made the most of the buffet which was a selection of yoghurt fruit, cereal, fruit juices and mini pastries before then moving on to eggs benedict, followed by a flaming crème brulee and a chocolate fountain! All washed down with juice, coffee and a bottle of champagne!

We decided we needed a walk to work off some of the food we had just consumed, so we headed down to the bay at Pyrmont and watched some of the yachts heading out for a day on the sea, packed with beer, food and music! We walked around the bay, past Star Sydney Casino and back up to Darling Harbour and the flat.

It was about an hour’s walk from the restaurant back to the flat, but in that time we had both started to turn pink! So we basted ourselves in Factor 30 and headed out to Hyde Park to read and sleep away the rest of the afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb