Spit Bridge to Manly Walk


Advertisement
Antarctica
January 2nd 2012
Published: January 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We got up early and headed down to the QVB to meet Dave, Anthea and a few of their friends to catch a bus to Spit Bridge. The weather was beautiful so we made sure we had plastered ourselves with sunscreen before we left the flat and it was definitely needed.

The walk from Spit Bridge to Manly takes you all around the North side of Sydney Harbour – across deserted beaches, through the bush land, over cliff tops and past some stunning viewing spots with panoramic views of the Harbour. We also passed a spot where some aboriginal carvings have been preserved and across lots of impressive houses with their boats moored up next to private beaches!

We saw some wildlife on the walk too with Lizards crossing the path and a bush turkey hiding in the trees.

3 hours of walking later and we arrived in Manly – we both only had flip-flops on so had tiered feet by the time we got to Manly. We planned to go for a swim at Manly beach but as it was the last public holiday after Christmas it seemed that the whole of Sydney had the same idea and there wasn’t even space to lay out our towels on the sand! So we headed back to the beach at Manly harbour instead and went for a quick dip in the ocean to cool off (along with some jellyfish!) before going to Manly Wharf hotel for lunch.

Anthea and Dave headed back to Sydney on the ferry after lunch and we went back over to Manly beach to squeeze into a space on the sand and have a rest in the sunshine for the rest of the afternoon.

We caught the ferry home later in the afternoon and went for a quick dip in the pool at the flat to cool off before enjoying the evening of the Christmas holidays with a film and a glass of wine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.8kb