Sydney Festival - Norman Jay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Hyde Park
January 7th 2012
Published: January 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today the Sydney Festival kicked off and runs throughout January – it involves a whole host of free music, art and culture events across the city. Today was Norman Jay dj’ing from his party bus in Hyde Park.

We headed down to Hyde Park in the early evening with Andy and Jess and met Wendy and Anthea & Dave. We soon realised that although the event was advertised as no BYO, pretty much everyone was ignoring it, so Andy and Jess headed over to the off licence to pick up some supplies whilst we kept a spot on the grass.

When Andy & Jess returned to the park with the supplies the Police had got a bit more strict, and were wandering through the crowds taking any alcohol they found, so we launched a cunning plan to disguise the beers/ wine in plastic water bottles that they were giving away free at the event!

JayKay made a surprise appearance dancing on the double decker bus as Norman Jay was playing… he stole the show for a while with his ‘go-go dancer’ moves!! We spent the evening dancing in the park and watching the sun go down.

The event finished at around 11pm so we decided to carry on the party at the local pub… Three Wise Monkey’s where we danced until our feet could take no more. We went for a Hungry Jacks on the way home which left Will feeling very disappointed (and jealous) as the burger he ordered was half the size of Jo’s!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb