Last things to tick off...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Opera House
March 6th 2006
Published: March 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So the need for beaches and thrills has arrived and the last few days in Sydeny had to be carefully planned in order to fit everything in that we wished to do before we leave the place that has been our home now for 4 months. As we had all been working different hours we had all done different things usually as pairs Matt and Chris and Colin and Myself. For me the one thing that I just had to do before I left was to go upto the opera house and see it up close and personal. Colin had already been up the steps to touch the masterpiece but came along for the ride anyway. On a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon the sun was shining at it's best so the Opera house gleamed in all it's glory as we got closer and closer. We walked right up so I was able to see just how the 'armadillo' style building had been created. I found it was a 'Tileworld' owners dream, as the whole thing is covered with what looks nothing more than white bathroom tiles?! Unexpected but fascinating... I was thinking it would be a special fibre-glass or something of that nature, but no, it was made entirely of bathroom tiles. We spent a good couple of hours there taking photos and doing some filming, for the now 13 hour film! That night we had plans to go to a place called 'Sounds on Sunday' which is a day club that starts at about 2 o'clock in the afternoon and finishes at 10 o'clock. As we were doing the tourist thing we didn't arrive there until after 7pm but it was still really busy and people were dancing away, lets say with probably a little more intoxication than just alcohol?@#%$!
We were all stone cold sober so began the rounds of beer for our last night out in Sydney where we ended up in one of our favourite areas as mentioned in many blogs prior to this one in 'The Cross'. We ended up paying $10 to get into one place 'Moulin Rouge' that was completely empty so left on arrival, great.. $10 for a stamp! So we stayed in a pretty awful place called 'the Empire' where I was able to watch Man City beat Sunderland 3-1, come on you Blues!
Monday night Matt and I were a little hungover but dragged ourselves to Ms. Macquaries chair to see the sunset behind the Opera house something I had wanted to capture since our arrival on these sunny shores. It was, as you can see, spectacular!!! Postcard worthy and definatley worth the short bare-foot run we had to do to get there before the sun had set. I'm so proud of the photo's we took... could be some of the best we've taken yet and the time lapse I filmed is simpley stunning!!!
So tomorrow we are leaving our Sydney lives behind to venture up the coast but first a stop at the Blue Mountains to see the amazing scenery around that area of Sydney... and a popular tourist attraction, The Three sisters.
Our time in Sydney has definately had it's ups and downs but all in all it has been an awesome experience, becoming a Sydney local, jumping on the bus each day going to work in one of the biggest and most popular cities in the world. Each time I was losing the will to live when sat in front of my computer selling expensive plastic cards over the phone I couldn't help but relish the fact I was sat in a skyscraper in Sydney Australia. May the funtimes continue!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb