Happy New Year!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Opera House
January 1st 2007
Published: January 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So............

A fantastic but long night last night! watched the fireworks over the harbour bridge and it was like nothing I'd ever seen before - Carshalton Park eat your heart out! We were sat on the bank opposite the opera house and could see the displays going off all down the river, it was truely stunning. The Hostel we were in had arranged a private area for us for our favorite price of free!!! Also was one of the few places you could drink your own beer too!!! Although the number of portaloos there could've been better - we coped and a good night was had by all!!

Unfortunately I had no option but to stay up all night as my flight was the following mouring and it was easier to go straight from town......................so of course I made Paul stay with me :-)!!!!! So we wandered and took pictures of the sun coming up before heading to 2 macdonalds for both the dinner and breakfast menus in the space of 10 minutes!!!! Eventually headed to collect the backpack before getting a train to the airport!!

The sad goodbye was made a little easier as I romantically walked backwards through the departures bit..............straight into a signpost!!!! But then the funpart...................4 flights, 27 hours in the air and a 36 hour journey home! And stupidly only 3 hours sleep!! But worth it to see home again!

Missing it already! Hope Everyone had a fantastic xmas and new year

nicky

ps have put pics up from other blogs too now!!!! finally!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb