my 1st birthday on the beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
December 18th 2005
Published: March 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

for the first time in my life, i had a birthday on the beach with sun and ice-cream, the dream!!!
things are going really good, i've started to actually enjoy Australia, although it's very expensive, i really like it here.
we stayed in Melbourne over 2 weeks, the weather was very funny, people had warmed me that you can have the 4 seasons in a day, that the weather was really impredictable but i wouldn't believe them, now i do know that it's true.
some days it was 34* and the day after was only 17*.

so i had a great birthday, a bit depressed to be 26 but i quickly forgot about it after a few drinks. i had met some people at the hostel we were staying at and we started drinking there and then went to a couple of bars, it was rock and techno music, just what i like!!! the alcohol helped, though! never mind, i've met lots of people who are going to sydney and we said we'll have a proper party with some good music.
i was feeling a bit down after Thailand, but i now realise that Australia is different and i need to stop comparing.

Melbourne was great and if the weather wasn't so funny, i would have tried to find a job there, the people were so nice, always asking you if u're having a good day and stuff like that.
we did the tourist things, the city center is small but so nice, with all the trams passing by.
we went on a 2 days tour to see the great ocean road, and it was really worth going there. the water was blue and green, and we drove all along the coast, it was beautiful. i saw my first kangaroo, it was so exciting and i saw tons of koalas in a national park, they were so cute!

so i'm in Sydney now, i cried a bit this morning when we arrived, especially as the first things i saw were the harbour bridge and the opera. i can't believe i'm here, after having dreamed for so many years of going there, and it's so hot and nice and sunny, i coudn't be happier.
and the cute english guy i met in Melbourne is maybe not for nothing! will tell u more in email...

i know it's a bit early but i wish you all a merry xmas, i'll write again soon, and will try to send some new pictures.
xxxxxx

Advertisement



18th December 2005

lucky you!!!!
it`s so cold here!!!! i hope you will enjoy sydney it`s such a beautiful place! if you can go to bondi beach it`s very touristic but full of surfers and nice. lots of kisses betty boop
27th December 2005

I'm here too!
Hi gal.........thought this would be funny.It's funny to meet in another country...it feels like summer in England..........just like the old days! Love Gaby
11th January 2006

bisous du froid
salut la belle, contente de te savoir heureuse dans ce beau pays j'espère que tu en profites au max. où en es tu, as tu un nouveau boulot? éclates toi comme une folle et envoies moi ton adresse mail perso. biz à jacky a bientot estelle

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb