Sydney: Opera House and Bondi


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Harbourside
November 6th 2012
Published: November 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Maria and I took a plane to Sydney on Friday November 2nd. We got to Sydney Central YHA, then took the train to see the Opera House and Sydney Harbor bridge. It was beautiful – we climbed the bridge, listened to didgeridoo music, and shopped at the markets for family Christmas gifts. We tried to find the Botanical Gardens, but failed. We ended up meeting Bird’s friend from Sydney at the Opera Bar and ordered cocktails overlooking the water! We went into the Opera House and ran into those 16 year old boys we met at Byron!! How weird! At night we went out to a club called Candy which had an obnoxiously large cover stamp to get in. That was the night where the cheetah dress made an appearance.

Saturday Melissa drew the curtains at 10:30 in the morning shouting at us 4 to wake up and get this day started! Three hours later we were ready. We went to Bondi beach but unfortunately it was cloudy outside but I found some nice shirts for Carolyn and Julia. We all went to take a picture by the waves. Our backs were to the water, a huge wave hit, and
The cityThe cityThe city

Overlooking the Harbor
Bird, Leah, and Melissa’s shoes (not flip flops…shoes) were drench and sandy. I ran away in time. We went home and prepared for the night. We dressed up classier in each other’s clothes and went to a burger place/bar. This American guy came over asking us to join them for the night at a well-known club in Sydney. We didn’t pay much attention to him but he came over a second time, almost begging. Once we found out there was no cover charge, we gave in and went with 5 of his friends - why not.

Best decision ever. The guys were kind of awkward and didn’t really talk to us but because of them, somehow we managed to make our way into the VIP section of the most famous and expensive club in all of Sydney: the Marque in the Star Casino without paying a cent! We got free drinks of our choosing all night. The place was huge with awesome music and lights. There were bar tenders at every corner pouring mixed drinks and we just sat there in awe of how this just happened. One day, our luck is going to run out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

CocktailsCocktails
Cocktails

The Opera Bar!
The signThe sign
The sign

To prove
Pretty sightPretty sight
Pretty sight

Sunset in the city
Yoga poseYoga pose
Yoga pose

For Aunt Joan!
Club CandyClub Candy
Club Candy

Night 1


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb