Manly - last days in Aussie land


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Manly
November 7th 2012
Published: November 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Manly BeachManly BeachManly Beach

Photo creds: old man
Day 3 we moved from the city in Sydney to the beach town, Manly. Lugging our suitcases for 3 hours was torture. Poor Leah felt really sick all morning, puking 8 times – once in the water at Sydney Harbor, which was actually quite hilarious. Maria documented the aftermath of that one too. We made it to the hostel; they forgot to keep our room open, so they upgraded us to a larger room with bigger beds, a mini fridge, and a tv! Our luck keeps coming. It was in a prime location – the beach was outside our doorstep. We tanned and grocery shopped to save money. Dinner was just like at Sill house over the summer! We cooked pasta, bread, and salad. The rest of the night we chilled and actually got sleep for the first time.

Day 4 Maria, Melissa, and I casually woke up and had some cereal for breakfast downstairs. We were doing pretty well living as cheaply as we could. We were at the beach all day in the gorgeous 95 degree weather – I couldn’t believe it was November. We ate lunch on some rocks, and then got an old, saggy man with
Manly rocksManly rocksManly rocks

Midday lunch
white hair to take a picture of us. He was pretty funny, proceeding to tell us about his teenage daughters and what he does to make them laugh before he takes a picture. We were smiling for the camera when he says, “1,2,3…..SEX!” It worked. Henry said he'd make me a CD of music that night and send it to Hobart yayyy.

Day 5 was our last full day in Manly! We shopped for family gifts in the markets and souvenir shops. I found Kylie’s Christmas gift. And I splurged on myself: an Australian bikini. That night we went out all 5 of us with Bird’s Australian friend Rose, ordering burritos at a Mexican place. It was a Tuesday night but we went to a low key bar to celebrate our last day in Australia…probably ever!! We met more surfer dudes – one was like Forest’s clone but not as cool. And that was it for Australia. Goodbye country I love so much, I will miss every moment!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb