Welcome to Australia!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darlinghurst
March 17th 2010
Published: March 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Enter first day into Sydney airport after jumping off the plane from Tokyo and guess what, its not hot at all... just comfortable!! Give it an hour and terrential rain pours down like Ive never seen before! Checkin at The Funk house which has one fan for ventillation in a 4 person dorm!!

First day one has to familiarise themselves with the area and I soon work out that I'm in the red light district!!!

*Cue prostitute: Hello!!
Hakan: Hi *looking confused*
Prostitute: Are you looking for a lady for the night?
Hakan: Oh, erm, no thankyou, sorry.... Thanks... RUN!! lol

Next went off to the harbour bridge and the opera house which are within walking distance of eachother. You have to be amazed by the sheer beauty of the scenery. Also hit the botanic gardens where I bump into a retired pharmacy lecturer from the Uni of Bath!! After a guided tour of the botanic gardens I tour a bit more taking a walk along the harbour bridge and going to the observatory.

Day 2: Head to manly beach with Leon the legend!! Spent 6 hours doing the 9km walk and we only got through about 1/6th of it! Beautiful views I will put on FB eventually! Bought a hat and sunglasses! Went out in the evening to a club where we got a free drink, had to down a litre of goon as I wasnt allowed to take it on the bus!

Day 3: Spent today at the opera house and harbour bridge again! Missed the trains to the blue mountains 😞 Went out to The Gaff tonight. Got a pucker free meal and 2 free drinks! Ordered a Tooheys New and spilt most of it! Ordered a Tooheys new and recieved a extra dry!!! Grr... so I complain:

Hakan: Excuse me, I asked for a Toohey's new
Barman: Tough luck, you get what your given, its a free drink.
Hakan: Fuck off you prick, its ur mistake not mine! Cue fuck off jestures!
Walk off to find manager to complain. Found him, explained and was told Id get a free drink later.
2 hours later I still cant find the manager again, go to the door to ask for him and they say someone of that description doesnt exist!! lol Get a free drink anyway and I am happy again!

Day 4: Arrive in the Blue mountains very late at 1.35pm. The bus services finish at 4.40pm 😞 Rush around anyway and the scenery is AMAZING!! Love the blue mountains! Consider moving here.... Maybe after retirement!

Day 4:


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb