Fraser Island!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
March 22nd 2010
Published: March 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Having arrived in Rainbow beach at the Fraser on Rainbow hostel we checked in and played some free pool and ping pong! In the morning my little bag was packed with towel, insect repellent, water bottle and swimmers where I checked out ready to board a tiny little boat across to Fraser Island.

The trip was a one night 2 day trip lead by our guide Nigel who would look after us for the trip. This way all danger was avoided as he did all the driving, cooking and awesome guiding!!! I was joined by a canadian Couple Alex and Adam, a German medicine student Lea, a Dutch guy called Harrold and another canadian girl whos name was kiera!!

On the first day we hit eli creek and floated down the little river which was barely deep enough for a swim in parts. We then found some Pipis which resemble mussles which on my request we cooked on the BBQ in the evening! We made some sandwiches for lunch in Dilli village consisting of silverside beef ( I think) and ham, with fresh salad and Thai sweet chilli sauce!! We then went to Maheno wreck to take photos of a ship that had sured onto the island at the turn of the 20th Centure. From here we went to waddy point and Indian head where we went on a small walk where Kiera dropped her camera in the water!! Next we were onto coloured sands, where we took photos for about 5 minutes. We had an awesome stake and buger dinner in the evening with our bbq pipis we picked up earlier.

Day two was great as it started out with an awesome breakfast, then we went onto Lake Mackenzie were we stayed for over 2 hours in the clear waters. A guy hit his head and broke 2 bones in his neck!! We then went to a campsite for lunch and into the rainforest for a long walk and had lunch and then headed home!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb