Visitors


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
November 17th 2008
Published: November 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nathalie & Lindsay - Sydney November 2008


Last week I had 2 very welcome visitors from the land of Scots come to Sydney to see me!! It was very nice to see Nathalie and Lindsay who just got engaged in Nepal - Congrats guys!!!!!!!! The ring is beautiful and we celebrated with cheap Pink plonk and chocolate mudcake!!


We had a great few days which involved, as usual, alot of food and drink and a trip to see the old Spiegletent in Sydney - its the same one that goes to Edinburgh (I think!!). It looks a whole lot less impressive when its dwarfed by the Opera House I must say but the show was good and we finished our first night off dancing away to some truly awful tunes in Paddy Maguires thanks to Dr Lindsay (fun though)!!!


The next few days were spent eating at the fishmarkets, shopping in the city, sipping cocktails in Darling Harbour, eating Peking Duck in China Town, drinking Beer in the Berlin Bierhouse and perusing the Rocks markets. Oh and they made a trip to Balmain for drinks and Thai and seemed to like where I have made myself at home for the past few months!


Its just a shame the weather was a bit pants when they were here so we couldn't make it to a beach and don't tell them but the sun came out in all its glory the day after they left!!!! I am sure they don't care anyway as they are sunning themselves in their new home in Auckland as I type and I wish them well in the new house etc.


See you in December for festive fun guys xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb