Day 11 - Back to Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
November 13th 2008
Published: November 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today is our flight back to Sydney. We left the hotel around 10am and caught the bus to Perth airport, domestic departures. It was nice going through security without having to take our shoes off. Although Frank managed to get called back by security for the bomb sniffing test while waiting for Kip to come through security. So much for being a nice guy, next time we'll rendez vous at the gate.

We Qantas! They actually served a hot meal duriing our 3.5 hr flight back to Sydney. The choices were chicken stir fry or spaghetti - we both got the spaghetti. Served alongside were crackers and some good Australian cheddar and a square of Lindt milk chocolate. The feature movie was Wall-E which we both thoroughly enjoyed. Frank had already seen it but this was Kip's first time. Half way through the movie they served us ice cream cones! And no, this was not business class, this was plain old coach. Can you remember the last time you were served a decent meal on a US flight let alone ice cream? We Qantas!

Back in Sydney, we took the train (metro) to our next hotel, the Darling Harbour Holiday Inn close to Chinatown. Our room was on the 1st floor (not lobby level) with the monorail line running 10ft from our window. Good thing it stops running at 11pm and good thing we're only here for one night.

Based on a recommendation from Lonely Planet we had dinner at Chinatown Noodle Restaurant. Here's the description it came with, "It's sweaty, shoulder-to-shoulder eating beneath wreaths of plastic grapes in this busy noodle nook, where the stringy fare is made fresh daily." It was 100% accurate. They take your order while you wait for your table and when you get seated, the food is right there waiting for you. You could say it's a step in between fast-food and sit-down.

After dinner we strolled around Darling Harbour for a bit before returning to the hotel.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb