Sydney....and the Blue Mountains!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
March 31st 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

(S) After we travelled down from the Granite Belt and skipped through The Hunter Valley (sigh, but I'm determined to make a trip of it soon!!) We found ourselves in the Blue Mountains ALOT sooner than we anticipated!! We drove through the clouds for hours as we climbed the mountain to an elevation of about 3000 ft. It was pretty cool, quite a scenic drive, I can only imagine what the scene looked like if we could see BEYOND the clouds! We arrived about 7pm just when it was getting dark and I finally got to see my dear friend Kristen again after 10 years! It was a highly anticipated arrival on all our parts and we met her daughter Jaida who is 6 going on 12! Craziness.

After spending a few days catching up, Jeff and I hopped on the train into Sydney to catch up with his friends Demeter and Patrice whom he hasn't seen in nearly 12 years! We also got to see another good friend of his who spent a lot of time with Gabriel in the first year of his life back in good 'ol Edmonchuk - Emily. It was the week of reminiscing and we certainly had a blast in Sydney....I just hope this doesn't mean more apple picking!! Sydney is just too rich for our blood. But it certainly was beautiful.

Only two days in the big city and we happened to find Bedouin Soundclash playing at a nearby, small hotel pub, so needless to say we hopped a cab and checked them out! It was awesome, awesome, awesome. Met some local Canadians and a had few drinks...we we're quite smitten with our little find.....and no I was not hanging out around backstage hoping to chat with them like some teenage groupie! I have way more class than that, unless I've had a few too many....(I don't want to talk about it...)

After spending 5 days visiting, eating, listening to great music and train rides, we have slipped back to the gorgeous Blue Mountains to contemplate our next adventures....and to sleep off the craziness of too busy-a-city....hope you enjoy our new pics!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb