Sagas of the foot variety.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » CBD
September 5th 2013
Published: September 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well, the last couple of days have been pretty uneventful... Yesterday I was woken by 6 tonnes worth of glass bottles being thrown into the recycle bin at half 6 in the morning, followed by two girls getting up to leave the room and making loads of noise. Not used to the whole communal living thing yet! Decided to get up at about 8 to go to the harbour. Sat in the sun for a while reading my book (the shining, can't put it down at the mo). Then went whale watching in the afternoon. Saw about 10 humpback whales and a few dolphins. Was amazing!! Got back, walked round the botanical gardens again. So many runners. There is a load of steps, called the fleet steps (Queenie landed in Oz there, quite famous..) and I watched two women run up and down these steps about 6 times in a row, had to have a lay down for them! Then walked to Mrs Mcquaries chair, was quite a walk.. Foot disliked it. This is said to be the best spot to watch the sunset in Sydney as you get the silhouette of the Opera house and the bridge. Didn't manage to wait until the sun had properly gone down due to my foot resembling the elephant man and a lack of painkillers.. Went back to the hostel, necked some paracetamol and went to the bar. Standard. Finished my second pint through a whole load of yawning and went to bed at 10pm. Rock and roll. Had missed a bunch of calls from J, woke up at 1am and rang him back. There was a bunch of idiot girls running about playing ding doing dash, felt like I was back at middle school.. Went back to bed. The end.

Woke up to have a nice chat with Luke over viber. But today has been expensive. Went looking for the bus company office so that I could book my ticket for tomorrow. Ended up nipping into Travel Bugs and spending nearly £700!!! However, have booked 2 nights in Byron Bay (in the fancy hippie hostel, can do yoga and reiki and all that shit), a 3 day trip to Fraser island where I get to drive a 4wd about like a loon and camp with a bunch of strangers.., a couple of nights in Brittany, a trip to Steve Irwin's zoo (won't forget the plush Sean!) and a luxury trip round the whitsundays on a catamaran. What's money if not for spending?! After that that excess, I decided to sit in the sun in Hyde Park and read my book. Then went to the scary canary for happy hour. Had a couple of beers and tried to talk to J on viber, massive connection fail 😞 so have gone to bed to sulk. It's only 10 past 8, but I do have to be up early to check out by 10am. Bus isn't until 10pm, not sure I'll stay awake!!

Xxx

Advertisement



5th September 2013

Brisbane not Brittany... Damn autocorrect

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb