Almost time to leave Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
September 25th 2006
Published: September 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well i dont even know where to begin because i forgot where i left off so sorry if i repeat myself.

After the long 2 weeks at the shared house we checked into the resort. The resort was called Paradise island resort, it was on a little island. we spent lots of time in the pool because it was actually heated ( all of the hostels that we stayed at so far has ice cold water in their pools). we also took some day trips one was to a water park. It had a huge wave pool and lots of slides and stuff. my favorite slide was one that you layed on your tummy on a mat, it was a race between about 8 slides and they had a machine that told you who won... i never won. they even had "dive in movies" which is in the wave pool and you sit on a tube and watch a movie on a big screen. Our other day trip was to sea world. i thought this was amazing and i strongly recomend it. they had a seal show which was so good. everytime the crowd clapped the seal did. He also did lots of cool poses and stuff. They also had a Dolphin show. They had 5 dolphins all doing differnent flips at different times. one of the trainers even surfed on a dolphin. My favortie show however was called "waterski wipeout" it didnt involve animals. It was people water skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, air chair, going off of a big jump and more. somtimes 3 or 4 people were getting pulled behind one boat at the same time. They even pulled a guy in a bathtub. hahahah.

Our next stop down the coast was Byron bay. Byron bay is a little hippie town. while we were in byron bay we went whale watching, we saw lots and lots of hump back whales, i would say the best part was the boat ride out there. it was a motorboat and we got some air going over the big waves. unfortunatly a girl on the trip got sea sick.

After Byron bay we took a 14 hour bus ride back to Sydney. just for the record i would like to say that Australian roads are rediculous, they wind and wind and wind and they have round abouts on highways. It takes forever to go hardly anywhere. Jason met us at the bus stop in Sydney, he has a house here so we stayed with him a couple of nights ( in the boot room on a air mattress) haha we are now still in sydney but at bondi beach we wanted to soke up a few more rays before heading to New zealand tomorrow. i hope its warmer than people say.

by the way we updated our picture site again

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/emilywilliamson/?sc=1&addtype=local

i'm so sorry i havent updated this in a while but you know how it is.

Take care everyone!
Emily

Advertisement



25th September 2006

Thanks for updating blog and pics
Hi Guys, Glad to finally hear how you are doing. Loved your pictures. You look so relaxed. I'm glad you were able to stay at the lovely resort for a while. Don't make us wait so long between blogs!!! I'm sure you have nothing else to do except find an internet cafe to keep us up to date. LOL Take care of each other. Be safe and have fun. Miss you, love you. Auntie V.
29th September 2006

New Zealand
Hi Em, Did you email Allison and Steve? Steve is from New Zealand. Maybe he will have a tip or two. Did you know that New Zealand doesn't have snakes or bears? It's a good place to hike.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb