Autumn Morning Bondi Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
April 16th 2010
Published: April 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yoga class by the sea was sublime this morning. It was a definate improvement on the lovely, but only virtual, escapism of the 'Yoga In Jamaican Gardens' programme I used peel myself out of bed for at 6.30am in the dark dank Winter mornings back in Manchester. Today, to listen to the ocean crashing on the rocks beneath the platform where the class took place did something good to still my relentlessly and often pointlessly busy mind. At one point the sun broke through the clouds and for a few minutes it felt like a hot, sunny day. It's becoming increasingly cooler here as my first Aussie summer has come to an end and we fade into Autumn. I'm beginning to slowly get my head around the idea that moving into April/May doesn't mean spring blossoms and lighter evenings as it would be at home in the UK. It means edging into Winter and days when it looks like it's sunny enough to don a bikini and head to the sand but when you get there, you need to wrap your sarong around your shoulders in a make shift windbreaker.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb