Bondi Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
February 20th 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we caught a later bus as the first choice was full to bursting! We did not know beforehand but today is the day of the bowl - a - ra - ma of the skating world, pros from all over the world have come here to compete today.

We spotted the monster Oakley truck again and plucked up the courage to look inside - much to our advantage - we came away with free caps, stickers and key chains! Next stop the Mountain Dew truck - free soft drinks - this day keeps getting better!

There was also a rumour going round that Tony Hawk was going to skate - we didn't see him though!

We had a dip - or more like a dunk - the waves were huge! We watched people surf and try to swim! Had a browse around the shops before heading to Bondi Icebergs - a 50m pool filled by the sea!

Our search for food proved unsuccessful so we decided to head back into Sydney - as did the rest of Bondi Beach - the buses were chocca block! 4 went past before we were allowed to eventually board and stand on the journey back to the city.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Life Guard StationLife Guard Station
Life Guard Station

where Bondi Rescue is filmed
The Bondi IcebergsThe Bondi Icebergs
The Bondi Icebergs

The swimming pool filled by the sea


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb