G'day mate!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
May 4th 2008
Published: May 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

'G'day mate, can I have a shrimp on the barbie?' Apparently this isn't what they say here in the land of Oz!

Well, we have had an almighty action packed couple of weeks - there is so much to tell, so here is a shortened version.......

Bondi Beach- beautiful beach, waves and surfers running along the streets in their wetsuits!

Hornsby- We went to stay with my Dad's cousin Doug and his wife Chris. Had a lovely time and met their daughter Michelle and fiancee Daniel and her bro Doug Junior. Went out on the lash with Michelle, Daniel and their friends one night to Mona Vale...and for Daniel's birthday where we went to eat at The Orchard where Doug Junior is sous-chef...dinner was amazing...especially the spatchcock chicken!! Also went to the Aquarium with Michelle one Saturday to see the fishy fishies!

We met up with Doug Junior at Darling Harbour, Sydney to celebrate Anzac day where we played 2-Up, a traditional game which is only legal on this one particular day! We then went to the casino and had a flutter, sadly didn't win anything ...but Doug did...Jammy so and so!!

Mona Vale- Met up with Millie, Meme's friend who she went to school with in Brighton when they were 14. Stayed with her for a couple of days and went out for a massive night in the city with all her friends, awesome fun! Went to watch some soccer and to Taronga Zoo with her too.

Back to Sydney and went to see The Opera House, Harbour Bridge and The Royal Botanic Gardens. Sat outside the Opera Bar for a fair few hours in the warm winter sunshine, sipping chilled vino overlooking the Opera house and Bridge- was wonderful, definately a memory i will never forget!

Visited Manly Beach and Palm beach (where Home and Away is filmed) for a dip- it was freezing to begin with, but soon you forgot about the coldness being pounded by the surf! Also went diving with Millie's dad who is an Instructor off Manly and had an amazing dive-saw a huge blue groper and a cuttlefish which must have been about 1 metre long...and it was a bit frisky as it is their breeding season so kept well away!!!

All we seem to have done here is eat, eat and eat wholesome, home-cooked food from all the lovely people we have stayed with and drank for England...got to make the most of the Vino while we can before Fiji!

Went to a Koala Park aswell, where we got to pet real koalas and kangaroos. They were beautiful and so soft and fluffy! Also got to see Wombats, Possums, Echidneas, Wallabys, flying foxes, Australian Sheep, Dingoes and more koalas! It was F.A.B! Felt like we were in the Australian outback!

Off to The Blue Mountains for the day and back into Sydney to visit The Maritime Museum, which I really want to see (a bit of a geek I know) and I get the impression Meme isn't to fussed about it, but dragging her along anyway!!

Have been on a harbour trip through Sydney on the Sydney Princess which had the best views of Sydney and the sights, and at that moment Meme's camera decided to die...ahhhhhh!!!

Sorry for the quick low down of our visit to Sydney but we have done so much..and catching up on diary writing has been a nightmare!

Hopefully you will enjoy all the pictures we have finally had time to put up!!

Hope everyone is well back in England?!

Bridge and Meme (who has scuttled off like a Fat hairy Huntsman Spider after doing all the photos!!!)

xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb