let loose in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
January 26th 2008
Published: January 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Friday 24th
Steve and I caught the train into Sydney, you get the most glorious view of the SOH as you draw into circular quay. Went and did the inside tour of the SOH which was really good, very interesting and you get such a different perspective. Stupidly we had forgotten the camera! Saw the new side wing they have put on which Mari & her company were and are still working on. We then caught the bus to Bondi and it will be a miracle if we do not succumb to a virus or 2!! At one stop it seemed about 100 Japanese teenagers got on quite a few spluttering and coughing. We tried not to breath........... too deeply, they got off 40 mins later at our stop. Steve and i shared a sea food plateau at Nicks by the beach having a wonderful view of the beach and the surfers - Bondi not as big as I thought it would be.

After lunch we did the 6k walk from Bondi to Coogee really scenic and not to hot as a bit of a breeze and shade at times. Welcome cool drink when we got to Coogee and then found the bus stop and hopped on to the bus back to Newtown, really pleased how easy we managed all the transport stuff. Had a lovely Vietnamese meal out in Newtown ad met an old friend of Graeme’s from Sydney uni called Sukit now living in Bangkok with wife and 4 children, a boy of 5 and triplets of 3 Showed us piccies absolutely gorgeous but hard work!!

Saturday 25th
We all caught the bus into Sydney central then walked to the China district to Paddy’s market lots of stuff in ready for Chinese NY next weekend and some very interesting nicnacs!! Nearly got something for the Bensons’ Xmas present but not quite right!! Don’t worry we are still looking. Mari & Graeme had a look for some camping gear for their June trip to Botswana then onwards to Sydney fish market which is absolutely spectacular never seen an array of fish and sea food before. We had picked up a bottle of chilled Risling just before we got there so our hunter gathers [Steve and Graeme sourced the food while Mari and I sourced a shaded spot for lunch which was delicious. They got a mixed plateau of hot & cold for 3 lots and lots of food we did our best but had to sadly leave some. We then had a look round more of the fish markets before a gentle stroll/stagger home via the shady bits of the pavements & park and with a look around the old bit of Sydney uni before collapsing back at Mari’s and Graeme’s.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb