Shark Attack!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Manly
December 30th 2010
Published: December 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Shark Attack! 18 secs
We headed out to a tapas restaurant called Encasa inkeeping with the spreadsheet, but I hadn’t planned for Christmas closures so we were forced to go off schedule! However, we managed to find a really cheap nice Thai restaurant along the block. Oli had an amazing bbq duck for 12 dollars and tried to show off by eating Steve’s uber hot chillies and burnt his mouth. Ads and Laura finished their Bridge Climb about 9pm so we went for a drink with them after that.
The next day we were up bright and early (5am) to be the first and only people on the express ferry to Manly which was only $4.50 each as we were early birds. We claimed our spot on the beach and proceeded to burn. I tried to even up my tan lines from yesterday but failed and Oli developed a fetching red tummy stripe. Things were going smoothly until an air raid siren went off and the man announced there was not one, but six sharks in the water. Everyone made a mad dash for the shore and the sea that had previously been jammed with surfers and swimmers became empty apart from a man on a jet ski trying to scare them away, a chopper trying to track them and one determined lone surfer oblivious to it all.
The sharks were refusing to move so in the meantime we went to Manly Grill on the beach front for some massive burgers and salads. We were joined by some other friends who had seen we were at Manly on Facebook. By 2pm, every part of my body was either covered in sand, suncream or burnt so we made our way back to the ferry and back to Meriton, via a shop for aftersun.
The six of us then headed out for a meal at Darling Harbour in search of a reasonably priced meal. We were about to give up when we discovered Adria Rybar and Grill, where we ate Calamari, prawns and chicken. Then we headed back to the hotel to play prison poker using Cheerios, glow sticks and bottle tops as chips. However, we think the cards were rigged as Oli always had a good hand and beat everyone.
It's New Year’s Eve now and we’re preparing for our 12 hour stint at Mrs MacQuaries Point to the watch the fireworks!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



31st December 2010

Daft Poms
Dont get burnt to a frazzle, delighted you are having a great time, pace yourselves !!!Have you heard of burnout, you need to last the course. The locals here at Madeira say they are going to outdo Sydney with the fireworks but they are a very small place, compared to down under. You will be in position now at Mrs Mc P. so have a great evening. Love G and M
31st December 2010

good account of your travels to date!!
Hi Lisa and Oli I am very impressed with your journey details so far and can really see it is Lisa who is putting in all the hard work and uploading of your travels - I am really glad things are going well for you and we look forward to your next installment lots of love mum and David xx

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb